By instructing LACUK Ltd ("LACUK") to act as your agent for the provision of apostilles and legalisations, you agree to all the terms set out below.
- We will let you know prior to submission of your documents for legalisation if Foreign and Commonwealth Office (“FCO”) or embassy prices have increased. However, we cannot be responsible for any increase in prices of third parties.
- LACUK do not accept liability for loss, delays or non-issuance of any application for legalisation or apostilles arising from or in connection with the following (where applicable): incomplete application forms, incorrectly or falsely completed application forms, inaccurate or incomplete supporting documentation, acts of God, weather conditions, acts of public enemies, war, strikes, acts or omissions by public authorities.
- Please note that the legalisation of a document or the affixing of an apostille certificate is at the discretion of the FCO or the relevant embassy and LACUK cannot be responsible for the decisions of such authorities.
- In the event of loss or damage or delay which is due the to the negligence of LACUK, damages (to the extent that you have suffered damage, can prove loss and your complaint is reasonable) are limited to our service charge (i.e. not including third party fees).
- If you decide to withdraw your application for legalisation or apostille from LACUK prior to submission, LACUK will only refund that portion of the fees that would have been paid over to the FCO or embassy, and LACUK’s service charges will be deemed fully earned and hence not refundable.
- It is expressly your responsibility to check whether the document you are submitting to LACUK for apostille or legalisation is capable of having an apostille affixed or being legalised and LACUK’s website is advisory for the purposes of LACUK clients only.
- LACUK assume no duty of care toward persons who are not customers of LACUK and shall not be liable for damages of any such person.
- Unless specific instructions are received in writing to the contrary, LACUK shall not be held liable for acting in the best interests of and in a manner which would be considered reasonable to enable them to fulfil the implied instructions of the client. Any such additional actions which incur additional charges shall be wholly the responsibility of the client.
- LACUK reserves the right to retain all documents until payment for processing is received in full.