What is an Apostille or "Hague Apostille"?
An "Apostille" or "Hague Apostille" is an official certificate provided by the UK FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office), which confirms that a signature, stamp or seal is from a UK public official or that a document is from a UK public body.
You will need an apostille if official/authority in another country has asked you to provide a UK documentation.
What LACUK can offer
- We have been fully registered with the UK FCO to provide legalisation services for more than 15 years.
- We also visit the consulates of other countries to get the apostille attested (if required - see below).
- We are different from other legalisation providers - we always deliver and collect our documents in person.
- Our documents processed at the FCO always go through the agent channel which shortens the processing time from 10 working days down to 5 working days (or less).
- To save you time, we also provide solicitor certification and attestation services if you need them.
How long it takes
Standard Service - 4-8 working days
Express Service - 3-4 working days
Premium Service - 2 working days
*Please note the cut-off times of Premium Service is 09:30 am.
What it costs
Our apostille only service can be used on the following documents without further signature:Birth certificate, Marriage certificate, Civil Partnership certfiicate, Certificate of No Impediment (CNI), The Letter of No Trace, Death certificate, ACRO/NPCC/ICPC certificate, Decree Absolute with original wet stamp, Court documents with original wet stamp, Certificate of residence (HMRC), and other documents which have been signed by a UK public official.
Standard Service - £78 per document
Express Service - £95 per document
Premium Service - £130 per document
Apostille plus solicitor certification
If your documentation does not contain the signature, stamp or seal of a UK public official, it must be certified by an English solicitor before being apostilled. We can provide this certification service for you at a competitive price. Our solicitors are fully registered and verified at the UK FCO.
This service can be used on the following documents:Passport, Driving licence, Degree certificate, Transcript, GCSE result, Qualification certificates, School Report, TEFL certificate, DBS check, Scotland Disclosure, Access NI, HMRC document, P60, DWP Letter, Pension letter, HMPO document, Bank statement, Deed Poll, Naturalisation certificate, Electronic document, Employment letter, Enrollment letter, Translation, Utility bill, Certificate of Incorporation.
Standard Service - £93 per document
Express Service - £110 per document
Premium Service - £145 per document
If your document does not appear on the above list, please call us and we will let you know if we can obtain an apostille for you.
Other services you may need
Royal Mail UK Next Working Day 1pm Guaranteed Special Delivery - £12.00
DHL International Express - £60.00
Scan and Go Service
If you are in a rush, we scan a copy of your legalised document and email it to you for £5 per document. Please note that, we only scan the page containing the legalisation only and not all pages of your document.
For some countries, you may also need to have the document (with apostille) further legalised at the consulate or embassy of that country in the UK. To find out if your document needs further legalisation service, please select the country where your document is to be used.
What you need to provide
- The original hard copy of the document, or a copy which has already been certified by a UK solicitor/notary public;
- Completed Order Form (click here);
- Online payment receipt;
- A prepaid envelope for the return, if you are not willing to collect or pay extra for our return service;
Where to send your documents
For UK domestic Royal Mail services
PO Box 79327
83 Victoria Street
For other delivery services or dropping off in personal
83 Victoria Street